2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving

My mom told me this year that Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday when it comes to taking pictures. As I thought about it for a moment, I realized that she was right. In our family, we never truly document our Thanksgiving in pictures as we do at Christmas. Even in looking back at the pictures that I did capture this year, it is not a complete summary of our time together and there are several family members that I didn't even get a picture of :-( I hope to do better next year!

We spent Thanksgiving week at Mimi's house this year. After lunch on Thanksgiving Day, we loaded up and took off to get home for some Black Friday shopping and to celebrate Ben's birthday. Then we concluded our Thanksgiving festivities on Saturday with Ben's family in Gainesville.

Thanksgiving at Mimi's
Electronic entertainment while cooking is going on
 Caden's cheese face
 Mimi beginning to set up the dessert table
 Chad carving the turkey while the dogs drool...literally
 
 Feeling full after the meal :-)
I'm sad that we missed the big Holloway reunion when everyone was
able to get together that weekend but hopefully we'll make it next year!

 The day after Thanksgiving was Ben's birthday so I 
ordered a golf cake to celebrate with his family

Thanksgiving at the Buffington's
Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of everyone there 
but we had a great time catching up with family!
Mike and Melissa
 Trish and Lynn sharing Pinterest ideas
John Michael and Heston
 
 Wanda and Ethan
 We have totally cut back on the electronics 
now that we are home and getting back into routine. 
Evidently the cousins had some pretty cool games on their iPods :-)
So sorry to Ben, Gary, Cheri, and Daniel for missing you in pictures. I'll do better next year!

No comments: