Thursday, April 15, 2010
- Using the knobs on his dresser as a climbing wall
- Chasing Lucy around the house in his walker
- Slipping Lucy food from his high chair
- Conveniently dropping toys to see how far they fall
- Pulling up on the air purifier in his room to use it as a bongo
- Removing the door stop from the wall behind his bedroom door and using it as a drum stick
- Throwing his snuggly in the air and covering his head while playing Peek-a-Boo with himself
- Drenching Mommy and Daddy during bathtime all the while doing belly laughs
- Laughing at Mommy when she says "No-No"...obviously someone has been working against me
- Biting Mommy and Daddy's finger when they brush his teeth
- Pulling up on everything then holding out his hand so that you will take it and he can walk wherever he wants to go
I am sure that I will need to update this in about 3o seconds, but these are a few things that remind us daily of the joy God has placed in our lives. Thank you, Lord, for this blessing you have granted us.
Friday, April 9, 2010
I was blessed to be able to stay home with Ethan until he was 4 months old and then God amazingly provided the opportunity to go part-time from January through the remainder of this school year. However, this is the first of 2 TAKS weeks so I have had to work every day this week. When all I wanted to do was stay home with my sick angel baby (that's emotional Mommy talk), I had to go to school every day while Ben worked from home all week. By Wednesday afternoon, I had had enough and yelled at Ben, "That's why Mommies shouldn't work!" Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I know that many other mommies love going to work every day, it 's just so hard when they are sick!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Then we came back home and got changed for church. We decided to go to the Saturday night service this year and Ethan was such a trooper staying up past his normal bedtime! He was completely entranced watching little Miss Ava twirl in her pretty Easter dress to notice Mommy trying to take his picture.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
I love watching Ethan at this age. He's so active and aware of everything! This is Mimi's No-No and his favorite new toy! I told my mom(Mimi) that he did not need a walker and that they were no longer considered safe for children, but we see how that turned out! If you listen closely, you can hear his Pbbbb-bbb(motor sound). He's so funny! As he was riding through the entryway, he hit the doorstop on the closet door and stopped to look at it curiously before going on his way. Now he's riding circles around the house! The quality isn't great, but it was too cute not to post.