2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Shadowbrook Christmas Programs

With the busyness of the holidays, I'm just now getting to post the boys programs from last week. Since Ethan is a big boy this year, his program was on Tuesday evening. Mimi came in to spend a few days with us so that she see both of the boys programs and go to their parties at school. 
We got all the way to the school and sat down in the sanctuary when I remembered that I forgot my fully charged camera so I did the best I could with my phone and the result was awful. We didn't arrive early enough to get good seats and the phone pics from a distance did not turn out so well.

Ethan is on the far right in the second row second to the end. If you can see it, he's wearing a sweater vest with a snowman on it.
 And this would be why I wasn't able to get any good pictures. 
We were waaayyyy back.
 But it really didn't matter anyway, because after the second song he decided he was ready for a break and moved to the side to sit in Ms. Janice's lap.
 A nice blurry picture as he left the stage...shirt halfway hanging out and all :-)
 One of many attempts at a picture with both boys
 Scene 2/Take 20...they were not feeling the spirit by this time
On Thursday, we headed back to school for Caden's Christmas program and both parties. Since Ethan had his program Tuesday night, his class got to watch the 1's, 2's, and 3's program. 
Ethan's "Mommy's asking me to smile but I'm with my friends so I'm going to show off" pose.
 Silly boy walking to the stage with fingers already in his mouth. 
 Love seeing these little ones!
 The true meaning of Christmas
 Making sure he can still see Mommy, Daddy, & Mimi...evidently my finger was in the way
 Being silly

The theme of this year's program was "Go Tell It on the Mountain." I have always loved this song and have walked around the house singing it for the last week. I try to remember that these are special moments in time to be savored and life won't always look like this. Each time I go into Shadowbrook, I realize how extremely grateful I am for the wonderful people that love on our children and our Christ-centered school. God has truly blessed us by placing these ladies in our life and I know that Ethan and Caden are growing in faith each day they are there. Although faith is a part of our home, I cherish the conversations we have that begin from school.

No comments: