2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Mommytime!

This is it! This is what I have been waiting for! All Mommy, All the time! After spending the last 2 weeks getting my classroom packed up, performing end of year duties, and preparing for someone to take over my role, I can now officially say that I am a stay-at-home Mom! I never envisioned that I would have a desire to stay home, but this little man turned my world upside down the moment he was born. I can't wait to watch Ethan as he grows knowing that I will not have to miss those milestones that only happen once. And maybe even allow him the opportunity to know that the world does not always revolve around him and give him a little brother or sister, but not yet!

I must admit, though, that the end of the day got a little tough for me. Although the decision was made several months ago and my resignation turned in not long after that, I never once thought about what today actually meant. Through taping up boxes and loading the car, not once did I get emotional and think that the end was near. But then it hit...the moment that the car was loaded and the classroom no longer held any of my belongings. It was then that I realized that I have just given up my dream job and all I have to show for it is a decade(literally-which makes me feel very old) of memories and a bunch of boxes. The tears were coming as I took one last look around, turned off the lights, and told myself very quickly that I will be back in the fall, even if it is just to help the new Literacy Coach get started. After saying my goodbyes and telling everyone that I would see them in August, I felt much better and drove home in good spirits thinking that a new chapter is beginning.

2 comments:

The McGrew Crew said...

That is a hard step! It will be odd when all your friends are back at beginning of the year staff development and you aren't...that was the wierdest part for me. But, obviously you are entering the best job in the world...not that I'm biased or anything!:)

Amber Diesch said...

So happy for you Nikki! You will be awesome at your new "job"!