2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Flu

The entire month of January was a blur. Every single one person in our family got the flu...it was horrible. I started it all with a boatload of medicine and misery. Ben completely rocked and sent me to our bedroom for a week of sequestered time away from everyone and he moved into the guest room and took care of both boys' schedules, school, meals, and the house! 
Once I was finally well again, we ventured downtown the following weekend and took the boys to the top of the Sundial to see the city. Ethan was a trooper but by the time we left, he was running a temp. 
 I was devastated, we were SOOOOO careful and I spent an entire week away from everyone. I took Ethan to the Pediatrician and she enlightened me that the incubation period had expired and confirmed that he had caught it at school. As soon as Ethan tested positive, Ben took Caden to get tested even though he felt fine. He also tested positive even though he had no symptoms and they were both put on Tamiflu just as I had been. That  meant a week out of school for them as well :-(  They were set  up with TV's in their rooms for the week and we even invested in Roku's and streaming players for them to watch Netflix.
 As you can tell, Ethan was in heaven once he was past the vomiting and first few days of feeling completely awful. 
The boys finally starting feeling normal again, but then Ben began feeling bad. It was his turn for Tamiflu. Thankfully, his bout of the flu only lasted a few days and our house returned to normal by the end of the month.
But, I would be perfectly happy to never experience a January like that again!

No comments: