2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Dr.Seuss, Teacher Appreciation, & Author Visit

Oh My Word! School has been super busy for the boys! 
Between Dr. Seuss week, Teacher Appreciation at both schools, and Ivy Creek's Author Visit, things have been crazy from one school to the other. I am so extremely grateful that Ben has allowed me these opportunities to make myself utterly insane running this way and that, but WOW, there are weeks where I LIVE for Friday! I know that I do not tell him Thank You often enough, but I do count my blessings in between 2 schools car pool and bus schedules each day :-)
During Dr. Seuss week, each school had a theme each day. Students dressed up and book related snacks were requested. While Ethan's class received Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes for Cat in the Hat day, Caden's school received Red Fish cupcakes for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish day. Poor fish cupcakes were gone before I remembered to take a picture :-(
 Of course, we had to have matching napkins for the week!
 Caden decided he wanted to be the book cover for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and I grabbed a quick picture with his teacher, Jana, who was Thing One.
 Caden's class also got colored goldfish 
 While Ethan's class received Dr. Seuss Soup in a wrapped cup complete with a spoon. 
 Somewhere along the way, I missed a picture of Green Eggs and Ham pretzels that I sent to Ethan's class. Caden was a trooper that week and the next because he was my shopping partner as we went searching for Teacher Appreciation treats and Dr. Seuss snack ingredients. He finally decided riding was better than walking and I heard "Cheese, Mommy" as we were zooming down the aisles of Wal-Mart trying to complete our list before the bus beat us home.
 The following week was Teacher Appreciation for Ethan's school and I went into his classroom to do an activity with his class in order to put together a book while his sweet teacher went on a little break. The finished product turned out cuter than the picture below, but she was super appreciative of all of the kiddos hard work!
 The classes were also invited to the school to create sidewalk chalk notes for their teachers to read as they walked into school the next morning.
 Then, last week was the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon that I coordinate each year at Caden's school. We put together a Mexican Fiesta and turned an empty classroom into a "restaurant."
 That same week was also the Author Visit for Ethan's school. The teacher in me was completely starstruck as we got to meet and listen to Patricia Polacco share her stories about her books. Ethan and I were able to get some of her books autographed and take a picture with her, which was super special because that opportunity was not afforded to most of the other students!
She is such a precious lady and I would LOVE the opportunity to hear her again!
WHEW, so glad these weeks are behind us! Now, on to the next event!

No comments: