2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Ben's Sibling Christmas Dinner

Every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we have a family get together with Ben's siblings and their families. On our way to Gainesville this year, we left a little early to stop by Ben's dad's house to take Christmas card pictures of the boys. I had an idea and knew exactly what I wanted to do this year so I wanted to try to take the pictures myself. What I learned was that taking the picture was the easy part! Getting the lighting right was extremely difficult and getting the exposure and various other settings was just as difficult. I definitely need to take a couple of photography classes in order to get better. Anyway, after taking the pictures and spending an entire day editing them, I finally got enough satisfactory shots to make a Christmas card. Most of ones below are unedited because several show Ethan's and Caden's silliness :-)
Ethan not quite ready to be serious, not centered, bad lighting
I'll take it!
 Love Caden's sweet smile! Would have liked to brighten the color, though
 Bad lighting, a little too serious
 Good lighting, not centered, not looking
 Much better!
 Having a little fun
 Would have liked it to be a little brighter, but it's a keeper
 Good lighting.Yay!
 There's that sweet smile!
 One of my faves with Caden's silly face!
 Love Ethan's face but bad lighting and background
 A race with the trees
 Ben and Lynda came home at the end of our photo session so they got a chance to sneak in a couple of pics with the boys, too.
 Chasing the cat with their trees
And last, tug-of-war :-)
 After we finished up our mini photo session, we headed over to Cheri's for dinner with the family. Cousin pic
Siblings
 Siblings and spouses
 Ben's neices, nephew, and their spouses
 Just the girls
A fun night hanging out with family!

No comments: