2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Ben's 40th with a visit from the Scheibe's!

Thanksgiving was a bit of a blur this year. Typically we leave Friday after school and spend the week at Mimi's. This year, however, I was teaching a class at Lanier Tech the following Monday and we had a sweet Memorial celebrating Doc on Tuesday. Tuesday night was spent grocery shopping, Wednesday was spent cooking, Thursday we celebrated a quiet Thanksgiving with our famous trip to the Brent Wal-Mart for Black Friday deals, and on Friday we headed back home. 

We returned home around 5:30pm on Friday, Black Friday, upon which we quickly got the car unloaded, kids settled, I said goodbye to Ben and the boys and left to finish our shopping. Lindsey and I did really well and were back home around 1:30am. Which was great because I had been working for MONTHS on a surprise 40th birthday party for Ben at noon that Saturday to watch the Georgia/Alabama game! Considering we had been out of town, I had been shopping, and it was supposed to be a surprise, there wasn't much I could do to prepare at home. Two weeks before I ordered the cake from Splat, wings from Philly Bistro, and a sandwich platter from Publix, all to be picked up Saturday morning. Along the way, I had picked up ingredients for dips and other snacks for the party and had them hidden. Thankfully, Zac took Ben out that morning so I could get busy! Everything came together wonderfully and all was ready before Ben returned home. 


It was so much fun having Ben's closest friends there for him! Along with Jeff & Jenn and Zac & Lindsey, Jesse was able to fly in from Virginia, and Paul & Leigh Ann were able to be here from Texas! It was an amazing day and night!
And having these cuties around made it even better! 
Audrey loved the train around the tree :-)

No comments: