2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Show


We had the Shadowbrook Spring Show this week. Ethan was a total card, as usual. He does NOT get that from me. As a child, I was so shy in front of others so it blows my mind that MY 3 year old has no qualms whatsoever about throwing in his own ideas of how the performance should go. I have to say that he actually participated with the appropriate hand movements more than in previous shows, though. But do not let that mislead you into thinking that he didn't garner the attention of every other parent there as well. AND big brother is starting to rub off on little brother, much to my surprise. I completely expected Caden to stand still with a blank look on his face the entire show and suck his thumb, but he shocked me! I'm so thankful that they are still young enough that people laugh and think it is cute. But, as a parent and former teacher, I can totally see their thinking...ok, I need to make sure that my little darling doesn't spend too much time around those boys. 

Anyway, each class selected their favorite songs and shared them with all of the families that came to watch their little ones in the show. As usual, it was held in the Family Life Center and the children were in a circle in the center with parents seated around them on the outside of the circle. Since it was in a circular format and wasn't in the sanctuary on the stage, I sat in front of Ethan and Ben sat in front of Caden so that we could take pictures.

Ethan
 Cheesing it up for Mommy

 Sweet praying hands

 Shouting from the mountaintops

Going on a bear hunt

 Melting like a snowman

Then there was this little guy...
Doing exactly what I thought he would be doing

Even his teacher Ms. Mary couldn't convince him to smile

 Daddy finally convinced him to take his thumb out of mouth...for a second

And then it all changed...
Caden saw Ethan and ran over to him

Then there were hugs, proceeded by Caden taking off running around the entire circle and back to Ethan for another hug, followed by another hug and taking off again followed by another hug totally walking in front of everyone and distracting the show. WOW! Was so not prepared for that! And that would be why there are no more pictures. The rest of the show was spent with Caden in my lap trying to contain him while every other parent actually got to watch their children perform! Where did these children come from???





No comments: