2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shadowbrook Art Show

This week was Shadowbrook's annual Art Show. The children work all year long on cute pieces to exhibit in the show. We had quite a dramatic day so I didn't know until the last minute whether or not we would make it, but I am so glad we did even if it was just for 15 minutes. In my mind, I pictured being able to get pictures of each boy with both of their teachers but the reality of the day struck and I was lucky to get what I did. Ethan wasn't sick but he kept complaining of stomach cramping so I kept going back and forth about whether or not we should go. Ultimately, his stomach settled down in the evening so we decided to make a quick trip down there.

By the time we were halfway there, Ethan had already begun complaining about not feeling well again, so I ran in with Caden while Ben sat with him in the car. When I got ready to take the first picture, I realized the battery on the camera was dead. Just my luck. So I ran back out to the car to grab the little camera(which I had thankfully thrown in the car as well), but by that time Caden was no longer interested in posing for pictures :-) Again, just my luck.

Even if he wouldn't look at me, 
he did at least stand next to his footprint Cat in the Hat.
 
 Sweet penguin feet!
 

Itsy, Bitsy Spider
He had several other cute projects, but Mommy guilt overcame me thinking of my oldest sitting out in the car with a stomachache and we ran out after saying a quick "Hi" to his teachers.

As I buckle Caden back in and we get ready to head home, Ethan says that he wants to go in. So, I quickly grab him and we run back in to see his projects. 

I was able to get a picture with Ms. Marsha, who is one of his teachers. 
Ethan's "cheese" face, I promise that is not stomach pain :-)
What a neat way to do a sunset picture! I hope I remember the cute things that the boys have done when I return to the classroom one day.
 Ribbit, Ribbit
 Ethan also had several more great projects that I didn't get pictures of, including an adorable turtle made from a painted terracotta pot. But, we quickly said "Hi" and "Goodbye" to everyone and jumped back in the car to head home before he had any meltdowns from his stomach hurting. 
By that time, I was sweating! 
We got back home and Ethan and I wound down watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before I put him to bed. Thankfully, the cramping had passed(due to some Mylicon) and he was able to rest. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what caused Ethan's gas pain. He ate absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and had a completely routine day, but whatever it was I hope we never have to experience it again. He was absolutely miserable and other than a few doses of Mylicon, I was helpless in making him feel better. Not a good Mommy day.

No comments: