2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ben's Birthday-SEC Championship Party

This year we celebrated Ben's birthday with a surprise Georgia party. It just so happened that the party was the same day as the SEC championship...I planned it that way(HaHa, not! But it worked out perfectly! :-)

We actually had 2 parties on Saturday, one at lunchtime with Ben's family and the second one was a  surprise party that afternoon with his childhood buddies to watch the game. I had tons and tons of food! When I sat down to plan the menu I kept adding to it, but it was all so yummy! The kitchen was covered in food with a sweet table set up in the dining room. Things were so busy that I didn't have time to take pictures of anything, but Ben was so appreciative of everything and everyone that came to both parties. 

We had 2 cakes, one for each party. The family cake had the Georgia "G" on it but I forgot to take a picture of it. Here's a picture of the second cake, though, with Uga the bulldog on it. We love Bill Rhodes Bakery and they NEVER disappoint! Since it was December, I made sure that all of our Christmas decorations were up and threw a few holiday foods as well.

 After the game our friend, Carter, who played guitar at our wedding played and sang some of his originals for us. Here's a picture of the boys listening to Carter play. I have no clue why I didn't snap a shot of Carter, too :-(

 Now, since it was the SEC championship and Alabama was playing Georgia, Ethan and I had to represent the Tide while Caden and Daddy represented the Bulldogs, even if it was Daddy's birthday. But, we showed them who was boss!
 So sad the picture came out blurry

It was so great seeing friends that we hadn't seen in so many years! And I am so thankful that everyone took time out of their schedules to bring their families together for Ben's birthday and didn't start ignoring me every time I sent reminders...which started months ago :-) A big thanks also goes out to Miss Miranda who came with a bag full of balloons and arts and crafts to entertain the kids with so that the adults could hang out!

No comments: