2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of Big Boy Kindergarten

It's been a big summer for us! It all started with Disney, then we went through a move that unexpectedly included a change in school zones, add to that VBS, Drama camp, a couple of Science camps, the beach, and lots of other little things sprinkled throughout and it's been an action packed summer. Although I was extremely ready for the transition that comes with moving to end, I was not ready for summer to end. But it did and last week we returned early from our trip to the beach so that we didn't miss Ethan's Meet the Teacher event at his new school.

Kindergarten Meet the Teacher 2015
Mrs. Kooi and Ethan



Of course, as soon as I found out who his teacher was I immediately began checking her out and I was a little inquisitive at Meet the Teacher. He's my first baby to go to public school so I am more than a little anxious. I know I shouldn't be. Our schools are among the top in the state and I've heard great things about her. She's in her 26th year of teaching kinder. and I was told we were given the "hook-up" when they placed Ethan with her. It's all in God's hands now and I need to relax.

Either way, we enjoyed our last few days of freedom as well as a visit from Mimi and tried to get back into normal bedtime routines. Sunday evening arrived and we were ready; early bath and playtime, first day outfit, lunch and backpack ready, flowers purchased, and then special get ready for Kindergarten bedtime books were read. Monday morning came very bright and early and after bacon, eggs, and apple muffins were eaten, vitamins were taken, teeth and hair were brushed, and pictures were taken, we were finally off to school.
 Walking to the main entrance still smiling with Daddy
 Lining up with his class like a big boy
 Unpacked and building with blocks at his table...thankfully he wasn't looking at me because that's about the time I began to tear up
 After many, many long hours it was finally time to pick Ethan from school. Boy, did I miss him! I thought about him all day long; wondering what he was doing and if he was okay.
 He was all smiles and we celebrated a successful first day with ice cream, of course.
He had a wonderful first day and had great things to say. Even when we did High-Low at dinner, he said he didn't have a low to share. It would say that was a pretty successful first day of kindergarten. It is my prayer that he feels the same way each day forward.

No comments: