2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Disney Part 3: Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios is Ben's favorite park and he and Ethan had already decided they wanted to do Jedi Training so they got up super early to get signed up for a time slot that day. Mimi and Caden met them at the park in time for our first Fastpass which was Toy Story Midway Mania, one of the boys' favorites. I decided to sit this one out so that I could pick up the camera when the Lost and Found office opened. Once I got there and actually had my camera in my hands, this poor sweet lady got the biggest bear hug and completely accepted me in my overly emotional state! The camera was completely fine, still had a full battery, and all of the kindergarten graduation pictures were still there! Some amazing individual found it sitting on the side of the carriage outside of Saratoga Springs where I left it when  I helped the boys down from the carriage and turned it in. All week long I had had a really hard time believing that someone would take my camera. Everyone at Disney is there for the same purpose...to make memories with their family...so I truly felt disheartened at the thought that someone would steal it. Maybe it's my naivete but I have to believe that for the most part people are good-willed. It is a huge praise that it was returned and I headed to meet everyone at the park.

This picture was taken a little later in the day, but gotta love the Photopass!
Now that I had my camera, I finally felt whole again! When I arrived, it was time for our 2nd Fastpass which was the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. The boys were super excited to see this but I was running behind and afraid I wouldn't make it. Ben called me as I was headed into the park and said that he told the Castmember working the Fastpass line the story about the camera and that I was on my way. The Castmember was AMAZING at put them in the VIP section so that when I checked in, we could all sit together. The VIP section is literally at the front of the amphitheater beside the sound booth. The boys made friends with this enormously adorable and extremely patient young lady named Tori who just happened to normally be part of the crew but was off work that day. They asked her question after question about how things work and whatever else they came up with. She was one of the kindest people that I have ever met and the fact that she attended to every single one of the boys' questions with the most detailed answers was so sweet! She even told us to stay after the show and she would have the 2 lead actors come see them.
       
Ben thought this was the coolest thing ever and both boys got autographs. Then they posed for a picture. They were the nicest people! I think it is awesome that they took time after the show to meet the boys.
 
Then they posed for a quick picture before we went into the gift shop, where, of course they both had to have some Indiana Jones goodies. They came away with a dress up outfit and a figurine of India a Jones and all of his gadgets.
After that, it was time to report for Jedi Training
After they sign in, they wait to get fitted for their robes
Then they're off for training. I think this one of the highlights of the trip for Ben :-)
Once on stage, they are shown how to work their light sabers
  And then it was time to fight Darth Vader!
 
Success!
He graduated from the Jedi Training Academy!
Then we rode Star Tours. Caden was hilarious! We were sitting in the front of the "vehicle." In the corner is a screen that pops up pictures taken of peoples' expressions during the ride. The first time we rode Star Tours, it's dark and Caden was sitting front and center. The screen pops up a picture of him grinning from ear to ear with his 3D glasses on upside down. I would give anything to have had a copy of that picture! I asked after we got off the ride but the on board camera doesn't use a memory card so it doesn't keep the pictures :-(
Posing for Star Tours pics
We watched another of the boys' favorites, Disney Junior, Live: On Stage after Star Tours and watched  Muppet Vision after that.
After posing for a couple more pictures, we were ready to sit somewhere to cool off and have a snack


Then it was time for Caden's ALL TIME favorite, the Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show. For the last 2 years, Caden has asked to either watch the YouTube version of the show or the show that Ben recorded on the camcorder while we were there on an almost daily basis. He can't get enough of it!
The epic action shot
By the time the show was over, it was almost time for dinner at Hollywood and Vine. Since we were there during Star Wars Weekends it was Jedi Mickey themed, instead of the usual Disney Junior characters that we love. Of course, the boys loved this, too!
Storm Trooper Donald
Princess Leia Minnie
Ewok's Chip and Dale
Darth Vader Goofy
With our dinner came preferred seating to Fantasmic so after dinner Ben lead us to some great lower level seats watch the show. They specifically requested camera to remain off so I don't have any pictures but it was another late night. It was also our last night in the park. Even though it was late, Ethan still had to test out his new Indiana Jones attire when we returned to the resort :-)

No comments: