2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Disney: Day 5

Thursday morning was a lazy morning. After such a late night, our plans for the day were to hang by the pool. But we never made it. The boys snuggled and played in the room in the morning, then Ethan did a dropkick and knocked my Nikon off of the table causing the lens to break apart from the camera body. After a moment of panic, I inspected it to see that the brackets that connect the lens to the camera had broken off. I made a quick call to a local camera shop in Orlando, found out that they had the part in stock, and Ethan and I were off to get the camera repaired while Caden and Mimi relaxed for a bit. They were going to head down to the pool and Ethan and I were planning to catch up with them when we got back.



This was about as much as Caden was interested in going to the pool. They got their swim clothes on, then Caden decided he wanted to hang out on the couch a little longer.
So, once Ethan and I returned with a newly repaired camera, we changed into our comfy clothes and had a low-key lunch in the room and laid down for naptime.
After naps, it was time to get dressed for dinner. We went to Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West and I loved it! It was one of the best meals we ate all week!
 
 
 Not a great picture of me, but I love this one of Caden :-)
 Mimi and Daddy
Once dinner was finished, we headed to the Contemporary and rode the monorail over to the beach at the Polynesian to get settled in for the Electrical Water Parade. What an amazingly relaxing experience! The beach at the Polynesian is right by their pool and although I brought our big beach blanket and our own entertainment, they had tables and chairs set up and lounge chairs in the sand for everyone to sit on. While the kids waited for the Water Parade, they played a Disney movie on a huge outdoor screen. Oh My Gracious, the adults just sat there and relaxed! This evening was one of the most enjoyable experiences of the week!


No comments: