2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Friday, November 6, 2009

This Is It

Ethan arriving home from the hospital at 2 days old.
Ethan at 16 weeks getting dressed after bathtime.


My baby boy is 17 weeks old today and this is it. My final day of being a full-time Mommy. This has been the most wonderful almost four months that I have ever known. There is a joy and happiness like no other that comes with parenthood. Each day is a new adventure watching Ethan grow, laugh, and be fascinated by his surroundings. He is perfect in every way and now I completely understand the rude people that I have heard say, "Oh, if you don't have children then you can't understand." I couldn't imagine ever saying that to someone, but there is some truth to it. Before he came along, Ben and I were different people and I must admit that we allowed our jobs to create our identity. Now that Ethan is here my world has been forever changed and as much as I love being a teacher, that title no longer holds my identity. Ben and I both wake up every morning and our first thoughts are about our son.

I must admit that I have done a lot of growing up with Ethan over the last few months. When he first came home from the hospital, he was so tiny and I was a little afraid of how I would handle being a new Mommy. But in the weeks after he was born, a new confidence and pride developed knowing that I was the person he relied on more than anyone else in the world. Of course, being the sole provider of his nourishment might have a little to do with that. The love that Ben and I have for this precious baby that God has allowed us to care for and raise is indescribable.

Ethan and I spend our days playing together, talking to each other, reading books, and dancing together. It is so sad to think that Monday morning will come and someone else is now going to have all of the time that up to this point has been Mommytime.

3 comments:

The McGrew Crew said...

So glad you have had a wonderful first 4 months! We'll be praying that the transition back to work goes smoothly!

Cam and Jill said...

Ethan is so lucky to have such wonderful, loving parents. I will be praying for you, sis!

The McIntires said...

Monday morning will be hard... I am not going to lie. But you will get used to the new routine that will be your lives. You have a heart like mine, which means you will always desire to be home with your son! Get through your days at work, and then go home and love every second with your baby!!