2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Monday, October 12, 2015

A little of this and a little of that

I'm a few weeks behind on my posts but here are a few pictures to sum up most of September. 

I have no idea what the story is behind this picture but I found it on Ben's phone and thought it was adorable!
 The next weekend Ben and the boys went to his family reunion at Laurel Park. Somehow I was sick and unable to go. I am beginning to equate my weakened immune system to not teaching for the last several years :-( Anyway, the boys had a blast and started skipping rocks into the lake.  
 Evidently, they quickly figured they could do better than that and started finding sticks instead :-)
 The weekend after that Ben had to work so I decided to take the kids to our favorite hang out spot. We packed a picnic to eat down at the airport and the kids played on the playground in between watching the planes take off and land. Before we left, Caden wanted to walk over to the fence next to the hangar to see the planes in there. As we walked over, a man was entering the hangar through the office door on the inside. Ethan, who never meets a stranger, said "Hey! What's your name?" and the nice man comes up to talk to the boys. He then asks if they would like to sit in an airplane and leads us through the building and out to the hangar. He lets the boys sit in this million(yes, million!!!) dollar airplane and answers their millions ;-) of questions. Then he takes us to his office and gives Ethan and Caden several booklets and posters of his planes. This is actually a very cool airplane. It has a parachute that deploys from the top of it if there is ever any engine trouble. Very Cool Day for the kiddos!!!

No comments: