2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ethan's 4th Birthday!

Last week was Ethan's 4th birthday. I've had a hard time with this one. Even though he doesn't always act like it, our little man is 4 years old. Up until now, I have been able to keep myself convinced that he's still more baby/toddler than little boy but I can't say that at the age of 4. Four means that you are close to entering school, that more of your clothes have to be ironed, and that I can't say "when you're a big boy..." anymore because he truly is becoming a big boy :-( I'm not sure that I'm ready for that yet.
Well, aside from my emotional state, he had a fabulous day! Ben took the day off and we gave him 3 choices to pick from. 1) Go to the water park 2) Go to Everland Play Place or 3) Go to the mall for lunch and a cookie, then ride the carousel and the train. Surprisingly, he chose to do #3. So, we loaded up the car with ourselves and 3 other friends and off we went. After taking care of everything on our list, he wanted to try the bungee bounce trampoline with his friends. Something that I would have always said no to before, but as a big boy, he got to jump and he had a blast!

 Just a little unnerving for this Mommy but he loved it!

Happy 4th Ethan! I pray that your prayers continue to be as heartfelt and honest as they are now and that you keep your strong will so that you will not be easily influenced by others.

No comments: