2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

4th of July...a little behind

It's an annual tradition in Ben's family for everyone able to run to participate in the Peachtree Road Race. It's the world's largest 10K and the course goes straight down Peachtree Street in Atlanta. Ben stayed with the boys this year and I ran. It was a perfect day to run! We thought, however, that the bottom would drop out at any minute...thus the ponchos. I shed mine about mile 2, then later regretted it as the bottom did drop out at the end of the race. It was a cool morning for July and I ran my best time yet but I'm not sold on trying to navigate my way through thousands of people :-)

After the race, we enjoyed wings and a low country boil complete with homemade peach ice cream at Ben' sister's house. The boys got some great family time and we were worn out by the end of the day! All in all, it was a terrific way to spend the 4th, despite the rain.

No comments: