2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Summer "School"

I am determined to have a productive summer with learning centered activities. I started last summer the exact same way with good intentions but somewhere along the way I dropped the ball...and I will admit pretty early on. Since I will also have 3 additional little friends a few days each week this summer, I decided to make lesson plans...the teacher in me is coming out! We have a "Flexible Daily Summer Schedule" and I am hoping it will keep me on track. We will see :-)
So far, this is what it looks like...
 

Plus whatever else I brainstorm from previous classroom experience and Pinterest. The goal is a QUICK activity that truly does not have a lot of prep. My subjects are not the most attentive pupils ;-)
 
One of our first activites was a Hide-and-Seek sensory bowl with uncooked pasta and hidden raisins for a treat for the little ones...
 While the big kids learned about various AB patterns using colored pasta.
 
 
 On another day, the big kids identified various shapes, then cut them out and created a "Geo-Man." After that, we got to read a book online from wegivebooks.org.
 And we'll throw in a few field trips, too.
Our favorite stop...Sonic for grilled cheese sandwiches!
 
Here's to hoping we continue this trend!
 



No comments: