2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Like Father, Like Son


As we were playing outside a few evenings ago(baseball, of course) Lucy started getting a little further away from the yard than Ben liked so he called her to come back. Ethan decided to run up the driveway to meet her. If you know Lucy, she has the build and running capacity of a greyhound and came barreling back to us full throttle. Unfortunately, she met Ethan head on and sent him on a backward flip down the concrete driveway. She did this completely by accident, but oh yes, there was damage and lots of tears. In addition to bloody knees, he now sports an awesome concrete mark up and down his entire nose and just a little bit above the right side of his mouth. While he wasn't so brave when the event happened, he has thoroughly enjoyed the attention it has gotten him wherever we go. He delights in telling everyone, "My dog, Lucy, she plowed me over and I went boom," exploding hand motions included. I love his version of the story! Ben took this picture a couple of nights after his fall and he was perfectly pleased to show off his war wound as he walked around with a bucket on his head. Don't all 3-year-olds use buckets for hats???



 About 34 years ago, a similar event occurred. I'm sure that it had nothing to do with their dog but it just goes to show: like father, like son.

Boys will be boys and I am 100% certain that there will be many more events just like this one in our future. Love my rough and tough boys!

No comments: