2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Monday, May 21, 2012

School's Out for Summer

I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful year for Ethan than this past one at Shadowbrook. We are excited that summer is here, but sad that we will not see Ms. Connie and Ms. Traci every week. The last few weeks of school were super busy and we loved every minute of it.
 Here is his performance at the Mother's Day Luncheon. I love how excited he is! You can just hear the little girl standing next to him, looking at him, and saying "calm down!"

 The end of year lunch

  Playing "tennis" with balloons at the end of year party

 Bouncing the balloons on the parachute

Then tossing the balloon through the hoop with Ms. Traci. Can you believe that the whole time everyone was playing, I did not hear one balloon pop!

 The infamous Ms. Connie! I love her Thank You card to our family for the end of the year. She thanked us for allowing Ethan to be part of their class and said he gave them more smiles every day than they've ever had and that his "wild at heart" personality was adorable. As a former teacher myself, I'm not sure those would have been my words :-) but I am so extremely thankful that they felt that way about him. I have to believe it because every time I spoke to either Connie or Traci, they were always grinning and had something to share with me that they thought was cute.

The infamous Ms. Traci! By this time, Ethan was growling like a lion because evidently that was a joke from earlier in the day during circle time. He was also tired of having his picture taken so he refused to look at the camera for Mommy. Traci was always quick with hugs for Ethan and I loved it when she came to get him from the car in the mornings. In her words, "He is always cracking us up." And another one of their lines was, "I don't think he has a mean bone in his body."  Of this one, I am truly grateful they felt this way...because if they came home with us, their opinion may change :-)

No comments: