2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Friday, April 9, 2010

That's Why Mommies Shouldn't Work

We made our first sick visit to the doctor this week...double ear infection. It might have been a crazy idea, but I was truly hoping to make it through Ethan's first year of life without a sick visit. Unfortunately, we are 3 months shy of our goal.

I was blessed to be able to stay home with Ethan until he was 4 months old and then God amazingly provided the opportunity to go part-time from January through the remainder of this school year. However, this is the first of 2 TAKS weeks so I have had to work every day this week. When all I wanted to do was stay home with my sick angel baby (that's emotional Mommy talk), I had to go to school every day while Ben worked from home all week. By Wednesday afternoon, I had had enough and yelled at Ben, "That's why Mommies shouldn't work!" Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I know that many other mommies love going to work every day, it 's just so hard when they are sick!

3 comments:

The McIntires said...

Hmmm, that line sounds familiar. I have used that one several times!! It is so hard to be at work when you should be home with them!

The McGrew Crew said...

Aww, I'm so sorry you had to leave your sick baby! The first time Landon really got sick was the day after his 1st birthday!! Reid hasn't been so lucky...

Scamperino Family said...

I'm so sorry!! Hope he feels better soon.