2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Back to School for the 1st grader!

Summer is over and I feel like it just began. We're excited that Ethan is a part of Ivy Creek this year and I am jumping for joy over his teacher! She is exactly whom I hoped he would be placed with. Mrs. Callahan, our principal, is definitely looking out for us :-)

Rosters are posted! Mrs. Jones class! Yay!
And he has two little friends from last year in his class as well!
 Open house, what a cute idea!
 The fabulous Mrs. Jones!
 As we were leaving the boys wanted a picture in front of the fountain. While it is new for Ethan, Caden has been attending Ivy Creek one day a week for 2 years so he is completely comfortable with his surroundings :-)
 First day of school...pardon the water on his shirt.
Somehow, he made a mess brushing his teeth???
Ready to head inside
Settled in after hugs
 The first day was great and he had a blast so we celebrated at Menchie's with frozen yogurt. But, then he threw Mommy a curve ball and asked to start riding the bus. While I'm not quite ready for that to happen, I teared up a little and he got up bright and early to catch the bus on the 2nd day of school. He was more excited to ride the bus than he was on the first day of school.
 And this is his grin.
He LOVES the bus and has the sweetest bus driver!
 As I walked back to our driveway, the tears started rolling.
How can he be this big?!?!?!

No comments: