2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Disney on Ice

Yesterday we spent the morning at our very first Disney on Ice show. We went with sweet friends and the same age as Ethan and Caden and everyone was absolutely mesmerized by the characters! I love that we have just returned from Disney and it is still fresh on the boys' minds so when they saw the characters they began to yell hello to them just like they did when they were able to be up close with them at the parks and resorts. We attempted a couple of pre-show pictures but Ethan was already distracted by everything around him :-)
Ethan and Ashley
Sadie with her mommy, Brenda
Then the show began and they were immediately open mouthed in amazement
Ethan decided he wanted to sit next to Ashley and her mommy, Michaela, for the first half of the show so I got to watch him from afar while Caden hung out with me
One of my favorite parts! Mickey down on one knee offering a rose to Minnie
As soon as Minnie skated out, Caden immediately began to yell for her and was so excited to see her! His crush from Walt Disney World lives on...
Next the princesses all took turns with their songs
Which was probably both girls' favorite part of the show
 
 
Then we saw a spinoff from It's a Small World and the Main Street Electrical Parade
And the band played on...
Followed by an appearance from The Incredibles
At which point Caden yells, "I love superheroes!" 
Poor child only has one level of voice control: Loud.

And although there were several more segments that did not get documented by the camera, the finale was so sweet and I found my eyes getting damp simply from experiencing the excitement of the boys. It reminded me of how I felt getting to know some of these (older ;-) characters as a child myself. I guess it's part of the magic of Disney.
 It was definitely a hit!
We are already talking about coming back next year with Daddy!

No comments: