2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mimi and Aunt Wanda Weekends

As a present for my birthday and Father's Day, my mom decided she wanted the boys to take the boys for a weekend at her house. IT WAS AWESOME! I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of sleeping without a monitor beside my head and not having to break up constant disagreements between brothers.
So, on Friday we headed to meet Mimi in Oxford. In order to beat rush hour through Atlanta on a Friday afternoon we had to leave around noon but it was totally worth it because we got to bounce and play while we waited for Mimi to arrive.



Once Mimi met us, we had dinner and a celebratory birthday cookie, then went our separate ways. I got back home early enough for Ben and I to go to the movies. We slept in Saturday, ran a few errands, and headed down to Turner Field with some friends that afternoon to watch the Braves play. That night, Ben went with some guy friends to hear a band play and after church Sunday morning, I headed back over to meet Mom and pick up the boys while Ben went to play golf. It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend and we enjoyed every single minute. Of course, we missed our boys but it definitely made us realize the importance of taking a moment every now and then to rejuvenate.


Then last Saturday we went down to Aunt Wanda's for dinner and Ethan was allowed to spend the night. They love Aunt Wanda's backyard and the boys always have a blast playing when we visit. That night, Caden went back home with us and Ethan got special one-on-one time with Aunt Wanda. Then Sunday afternoon, we returned to pick up Ethan after they got in a little more playtime.


We are so very thankful for loved ones that care so much about our little ones!

No comments: