2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Recovering

We finally...fingers crossed and lots of prayers sent Heavenward...seem to be on the mend. 

The day after Ethan was 24 hours fever free from the flu(9 whole days!), I disinfected the house. Of course it wasn't until the following day that Caden started running a fever and tested positive for the flu...a whole lot of good those flu shots did us this year. I know that I should have expected it, but I was a little thrown because all of my research had claimed that people get sick anywhere from 1-4 days after exposure to the flu, not NINE days! If he was going to catch it, I thought that Caden would have caught it before then. Anyway, he did and three days later after that, Caden started pulling on his ear so I took him to the doctor for yet another ear infection. This baby wasn't even off of antibiotics for a week this time. Unfortunately, while she was examining him, she heard a little crackle in his lungs and it turns out that his bout of the flu has left him with pneumonia. Sweet baby cannot catch a break this winter :-(

As of today, I can say that I believe we finally have his ear infection and pneumonia under control and his good spirits seem to be returning. Hopefully, we will be done with ear infections in a couple of short weeks once he has surgery for tubes. Although I'm a little nervous for him to have to undergo surgery, I am so excited at the prospect that he will not have to suffer anymore. He's almost constantly on antibiotics and we have truly begun to worry about his little body building an immunity to them, especially since there are only 2 that he can take. Ethan, thankfully, is completely back to normal and going a little stir crazy because we have been stuck in the house for so long while everyone has been sick.

The house has now been disinfected a second time and we are READY to get out and about! However, I must admit that I'm more than a little scared to get the boys out again and expose them to more germs that will potentially send us right back where we started. Even though January has been tough, I feel like my two little guys have spent more time since November being sick than being well, so my prayer right now is for the Lord to keep these babies healthy for a while.

No comments: