2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

House Hunting

It's a buyer's market...at least that's what people keep saying. Ben and I have never bought a house. We've built 2 of them and I now know why. We are picky. He wants this, I want that, and no house has it. All of our stuff is in storage, we have 2 small children, we are staying with family, and the holidays are around the corner. I WANT A PLACE TO CALL HOME!! YESTERDAY!!

We truly plan on this being our final move...we have said this before...but THIS IS IT! Selling a house after you have children is ridiculous! Having said that, we are trying to find the perfect house that we will not outgrow when our kids are teenagers but not so big that when they are grown and gone we won't know what to do with the empty space. Oh, and the Atlanta market has been hit hard and the only homes out there are short sales and foreclosures which more often than not means that it needs work. We finally found our forever house, went under contract, met with contractors about the work that needs to be done, and the home inspection comes back with MOLD. Wonderful! Now we get to start over. Just what we wanted to do. Sadly, though, my head has already moved into this house and even though the work was going to delay us moving into the house longer than I wanted, I was still excited about the prospect of raising our family in this home. So, either the bank(it's a bank-owned foreclosure) will remediate the mold or we will have to find another house.

Praying that God shows us the way soon.

No comments: