2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Birthday

Even though Ethan's official birthday isn't for a few more days, we had a small birthday party on July 4th when family was in town. I can't believe it has almost been a year! It seems like it was just yesterday we were welcoming him home from the hospital!
I'm not sure why, but this picture is turned. I promise it wasn't like that when I uploaded it! Anyway, this is the cute cake that my friend, Paige, made for him.

He did NOT like the birthday hat!



Although he didn't know what to think of his little smash cake at first, he quickly figured it out!


And Uncle Chad's Cozy Coupe was a complete hit! We ride in it every day!

My great uncle, Jim, was in town for the birthday celebration and Ethan was absolutely fascinated with him! I think Uncle Jim was a bit smitten as well. They were thick as thieves! That says a lot for a little boy that truly accepts only a handful of people into his world.
This weekend, we will have a triple birthday celebration with 2 other friends, Reid and Keller. Reid is 3 hours older than Ethan and Keller is 1 week younger than he is. Fun times ahead!!






No comments: