2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A long time coming...Maturity

We have had lots going on in the last month but before I start on those posts, I have to give Ethan some well deserved attention first.

Since Caden has come home from the hospital...at birth, it has been big brother's mission in life to antagonize him. Ben and I have tried everything we know to try to help him understand that he is the big brother, the protector, role model, and teacher. Unfortunately, NOT a role he has been the least bit interested in. It seems that year 4 has been a turning point, though. Somewhere in the last couple of months, he has experienced some growth. Don't get me wrong, he is whole-heartedly still Ethan; our strong-willed, energetic, active, dramatic, emotional child :-) but there has been a softer side that has come out and we have seen a little more of this:


I LOVE seeing them play together nicely. I LOVE seeing Ethan show Caden how to do something or help him up when he falls down. I LOVE that they are becoming little friends as well as brothers. My prayer is that this is the beginning of a beautiful life-long friendship between loving brothers. I pray that as they get older they will honor each other and always be quick to forgive. 

Ethan has demonstrated more of a willingness to help and I find that I can trust him with his words more so now than ever. My little boy is growing up. There have been no tears at the dentist, we are using flouride toothpaste and he is brushing his teeth by himself, drinking from a cup and experimenting more with foods, dressing himself, showering, enjoys getting a haircut, buckling his carseat, and the HUGE one(not for most, but it has been in our house) has been pooping on the potty without issue. 

Hopefully this trend will continue or this Mommy will have a full head of gray hair sooner rather than later.

No comments: