2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

New Year's Eve 4-Wheeler Riding

On NYE we went 4-wheeler riding with some long time friends. I haven't been on a 4-wheeler since I was a kid and the boys had never ridden. They LOVED it! Their sons', Carson and Mason, were our tour guides on the trails. They both had dirt bikes so I followed them until I was comfortable with my surroundings. While we rode, Ben and Jesse worked on building a shed.

Ethan and Caden rode with Carson first
Then Mommy went riding with the boys.
Ethan got a kick out of wearing Carson's helmet :-)
Ethan decided to take a break to practice on the dirt bike
So, of course, Caden had to try as well and Carson was sweet enough to help him.
Then Carson was sweet enough to take each boy on their own individual ride.
Caden decided he liked riding in the Goat. I love these terms for all of the off-road farm vehicles. At the farm in South Alabama, we used to have a Gator and now we have a Mule down there. I had not heard of a Goat until we got up to Casey and Jesse's family land that day. 
 Everyone was so gracious and they stopped for a break to let the boys feed the cows. They only have a few in their pasture so Ethan and Caden were not quite as intimidated by them as they are by the herd down at the farm. They got a kick out of hand feeding them.
 Then Ethan was ready to go again.
And Caden found a new favorite spot, too!
It was a great day! That afternoon everyone headed back down to our house to hang out and shoot fireworks. The big boys put on quite a display and we rang in the New Year just like old times. It was wonderful reminiscing about old times and sharing our stories with the teenagers ;-)



No comments: