2016

2016

Our Story

My photo
Ben and I met in 1996, began dating in 1999 and married in 2001. Now 20 years and 2 children later, we have returned to where our life together began. Ben works for the Federal Reserve and I have the privilege of staying home with our two precious boys.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Home Depot Workshop: Building a Ship


Mommy spent her very first weekend away from home while Daddy had his first solo weekend. I must say, he ROCKED it! I needn't have been concerned and should probably start planning some  weekends away so they can have more "guy time." Although they had fun, I don't think Ben would be too excited about that prospect anytime soon :-) When I returned, he had a completely new appreciation for what my days look like with the boys and a new understanding of why I am exhausted at the end of each day.

Their first weekend event was Saturday morning after breakfast. He took both boys to the building workshop at Home Depot. Ben has taken Ethan to several of these in the past but has never attempted both of them before. They had a great time and came home with 2 completed projects! 

Ethan with the hammer
 Caden's turn
 Paint time
 Sweetness!
 Finished!!
 What a great experience for them!

While I was gone both boys ate like champs, napped both days, had a visit from PawPaw Forrester and Nana Lyndy, had lots of playtime with Daddy, and ran some errands for Mommy. 
I am so proud of them!

No comments: